In a press release sent to Gaming Cypher, developer Space Rhino Games announced the Limited Beta release of Breach TD, a multiplayer tower defense game based on the hugely popular Squadron TD mod for StarCraft II — is now available to Kickstarter backers.
In addition, to celebrate the Limited Beta Release, Space Rhino Games is also giving away a brand new Xbox One to U.S. residents. Please visit this URL for more information (dates, requirements, etc.)
Breach TD is the spiritual successor to Tyler Johnson’s Squadron Tower Defense, the #1 mod for StarCraft II. Tyler Johnson also happens to be the lead designer on Breach TD.
Breach TD fuses tower defense elements with the fast-paced nature of real-time strategy games. To mount a fight against the meanest Void Monsters around, players first assemble powerful Guardians to create the ideal defense squadron. Like the towers in a traditional tower defense game, the Guardians in Breach TD can be upgraded into heroic Warriors in order to hold off the Void’s increasingly stronger creatures.
Players clash in a fight for survival against the Void — choosing four out of an ever-expanding roster of powerful Guardians to take to the front lines in an action-packed match-up. Commanding these mighty Guardians, and wielding Relics that offer a dynamic array of powers and abilities, players are free to create unique strategies to match their favorite play style.
A match is divided into two major phases:
A. Building Phase: Players have a limited amount of time to buy *and* strategically place Guardian units. Upgrading the economic structure is also possible, which allows players to send Rift Attacks to the opposing side, which make for a very effective distraction.
B. Combat Phase: Guardians defend the base supported by the power of Relics.
KEY FEATURES (Limited Beta Release)
* Heads-up multiplayer mode featuring:
– Improved and more engaging rift attacks.
– More challenging boss battles.
– Crowd-control abilities.
* Completely free-to-play
* A new take on tower defense: You are not passive spectator, but an active participant — using Battle Cards to help your Guardians beat the Void monsters back to where they came from.
* Tactics-based combat: Come up with a Guardian composition that’s perfect for early, middle or late game strategy.
KNOWN ISSUES (Limited Beta Release)
* New Guardian skills system is still work-in-progress.
* Battle Cards and Rift Attacks need to be better balanced.
* The Void is undergoing some polishing — getting new units and an upgraded look.
Here are the new screenshots:
And, here is the new trailer:
Future updates to Breach TD will involve the addition of a 3v3 multiplayer mode, cross-platform matchmaking, and team vs. team battles where players can team up with their friends.
Source: Press Release