In a press release sent to Gaming Cypher, developer Good Goblin Games, a one-man studio founded by Bruce Fournier and based in Phoenix, Arizona announced that its new vertical climber, Blob Climber, will be releasing on iOS and Android next week.
Blob Climber has players help Blob ascend through a tricked-out volcano lab in order to escape a gang of evil scientists.
There’s one hitch, though: LAVA! In addition to helping Blob avoid the lab’s many traps and hazards, players must *also* stay ahead of the unstoppable lava flow . . . a one-hit kill if there ever was one!
It sounds hopeless, but that Blob is tougher than it looks: You can help him skillfully maneuver around obstacles by making use of these unique abilities:
- SWIPE to jump off walls and ceilings
- TAP to reach far off ledges with your stretchable arm
- HOLD down two fingers to become invincible
* 60 random floors with 20+ obstacles and traps
* Story Mode for those who prefer a more linear challenge
* 3 alternative gameplay modes: bounceTASTIC, jetTASTIC, and ENDLESS!
* Detailed flat-shaded graphics with a retro vibe
* Driving electronic soundtrack and fun sound effects
Blob Climber is free to play. A single $1.99 in-app purchase disables ads and unlocks all 60 floors. (The first 20 floors can be played for free.)
Take a look at the new screenshots below:
Source: Press Release