This is the review for the PC version of the fast-paced top-down racing combat title, BlazeRush, by developer Targem Games.
- Multiplayer focused: Up to 4 players locally and up to 8 players online
- Easy ‘drop in and drop out’ player mode
- Take on local players online
- Game modes include Race, Survival and King of the Hill
- Race: Race against bots or with friends over 3 laps; the first driver to cross the finish line unscathed wins
- Survival: Death defying racing against opponents out to eliminate you from the race by any means necessary; the driver who has died the least number of timeswins
- King of the Hill: Race to get ahead of opponents and lead from the front; the player who has held the lead for the most amount of time wins.
The graphics of BlazeRush contain pleasing colors as far as the vehicles. However, we found the textures a bit lacking, especially in areas surrounding the track areas. You won’t have much time to notice it though as you’ll be speeding through the tracks. For this reason, we gave the graphics a 4/ 5.
BlazeRush has very nice instrumental music rolling in the background that seems to fit perfectly with each track. Also, we really liked the sound effects of the machine gun and the saw! In addition, the crunch of the spiked bulldozer sounded pretty realistic as well. For this reason, we gave the sound a 5 / 5.
The gameplay of BlazeRush is what really makes the game enjoyable. You can either select single player, or for tons of fun, try out the multiplayer experience. Multiplayer includes various modes such as battle type events and the eliminator mode. Our favorite part is the giant steamroller that chases the team and squashes whatever is in its way. A great part of the game are the items that you get along the way, such as your basic boosts and missiles as well as cool saw blades. We also liked the thrusters that catapult you into the air. If we could change one thing, it would be the very noticeable almost lag-feel that each scene has (skipping quality) that detracted from the full enjoyment of the game. Because of this we gave the gameplay a 4 / 5.
BlazeRush’s controls are very simple and intuitive to players who are used to Kart games and simple enough to those who aren’t. There are several modes to select such as racing, time trials and survival. You won’t have many complaints in this section, and for this reason, we gave the controls a 5/ 5.
BlazeRush is a very enjoyable experience for either single player or great fun for a bunch of friends getting together and having a good time. There are several play modes, as mentioned above, to choose from that will keep you playing again and again.
4 / 5