BioWare, the developer of Star Wars: The Old Republic, has listed a job posting for a Sr. Designer Combat Designer in Austin, Texas.
The posting lists the following requirements:
- Deliver a combat system that feels visceral, fast, and fun.
- Own the design and implementation of the combat design tools.
- Partner with Leads, Designers, Artists and Programmers to direct all combat-related systems.
- Works within the set standard for all character asset design, creation and in game implementation within the production path as it related to design and art.
- Attends and participates in combat-specific discussions concerning combat design and combat design issues.
- Define and champion the game’s core combat vision and mechanics for the team.
- Provide direction, mentorship, and development to combat designers.
- Develop and leverage the editors required for creating combat and other game systems.
- Test, troubleshoot, and proactively solve game engine challenges.
- Work and collaborate effectively while managing multiple priorities.
- Accountable for delivering great combat encounters and interesting character classes.
- Minimum of 4 years as a combat designer (or similar role)
- Must have shipped at least 2 AAA current generation titles
- Must understand the relationship between gameplay elements within the level and the overall game
- Proven knowledge of game production pipeline and experience with worldbuilding tools
- Proven ability to perform hands-on tuning of all combat-related systems
- In-depth knowledge of all systems and features of RPG titles
- Proven ability to think holistically and understand how adjusting game balance will adjust far-reaching parts of game design
- Proven ability to see large, far-reaching project to completion
This sounds like a new RPG that is heavy in combat, creatures as well as various classes.
Are you excited about a new BioWare game? Also, pass this along to someone who might be interested in the job position.