Earlier today we announced that a new DLC ‘Clash in the Clouds‘ became available for BioShock Infinite.
Developer Irrational Games has put up a handy FAQ page for those of you trying to access the new DLC.
Below is the full set of Questions and Answers:
After launching BioShock Infinite and loading the main menu, select “Downloadable Content”. You will then be presented with an option to access Clash in the Clouds.
Each challenge is completely optional. Completing them will fill your coffers with cash and help you more quickly unlock upgrades and content. They’re also your best shot at earning a top spot on the Leaderboards.
There are four separate environments, each containing 15 unique challenge waves, for a total of 60 challenges.
We’ve designed these challenge levels to really test the skill and combat awareness for our fans. The deeper into each map you go, the further difficulty will ramp up, culminating with Wave 15.
After each challenge level, you will be teleported to The Armory. There, you can take your time to plan for the challenges in the next wave by changing your weapon and Vigor loadouts, and purchasing any upgrades. Each trip to The Armory automatically refills your health, ammo, and Salts, and you can jump back into the action by activating the available Tear located in The Armory.
You are provided with four Vigors to start your quest, with the rest available for purchase in-between challenge levels in The Armory. All eight Vigors can eventually be acquired.
After you’ve attempted at least one wave, The Columbian Archeological Society will open its doors for visitors. Inside, you’ll find a plethora of items to examine, such as character models, concept art, music, and more. Each item must be unlocked with cash earned from completing waves and Blue Ribbon Challenges.
Yes. Cash bonuses are a way for you to be recognized and rewarded for skillfully and creatively disposing of your enemies. Whether you’re finishing foes in quick succession or using your environment to create devastating combos, it’s always better to push yourself beyond just running and gunning.
- If you wish to insure yourself against death and avoid having to restart at Wave 1, you can purchase a “Resurrection” at one of Booker’s office doors. Simply find the door hidden somewhere in the map and pay the fee by using the Resurrection. After doing so, you will be entitled to resurrect once per purchase without forfeiting your score or restarting.
- Once you die, you must repurchase the Resurrection in order to resurrect. Be warned, though: Every time you use one of these Resurrections, the cost increases.
- The Armory also contains an office door, but if you purchase the Resurrection from inside that room, the hidden door within the map will become active.
In-game, you can access your current challenge by using the “Back” or “Select” button, and we’ve also placed all 60 of the challenges below for easy access.
The O.P.S. Zeal
- Wave 1 – Defeat the wave using Sky-Line strikes only
- Wave 2 – Defeat the wave while only taking shield damage
- Wave 3 – Defeat the wave using only the Sky-Hook attacks and Shotgun
- Wave 4 – Defeat the wave using only machine guns or the crank gun
- Wave 5 – Defeat the wave using only the pistol and hand cannon
- Wave 6 – Defeat the wave without picking up weapons or looting corpses
- Wave 7 – Defeat all enemies using only zoomable weapons while they are zoomed
- Wave 8 – Defeat all enemies using only Tears; Possession Traps; and Return to Sender traps
- Wave 9 – Defeat all enemies without ever hitting anyone in the head or the heart
- Wave 10 – Defeat the Siren before she performs a resurrection
- Wave 11 – Defeat the wave without using Sky-Lines or Hook-points.
- Wave 12 – Defeat the wave within 1:15
- Wave 13 – Defeat the wave using only weapons fired from a Sky-Line or Sky-Line strikes.
- Wave 14 – Defeat the wave using only Shock Jockey and Headshots
- Wave 15 – Defeat each enemy with a different Vigor type (until you have used all Vigor types)
Duke and Dimwitt Theater
- Wave 1 – Defeat all enemies with the Shotgun
- Wave 2 – Defeat two enemies with a possessed Patriot
- Wave 3 – Force 3 Firemen to self-destruct while airborne from Bucking Bronco or Undertow
- Wave 4 – Complete the wave in under 0:45
- Wave 5 – Defeat the Handyman while he’s electrocuting a Sky-Line
- Wave 6 – Defeat five enemies with Undertow
- Wave 7 – Defeat 2 enemies with a Possessed rocket turret
- Wave 8 – Defeat every enemy with a different weapon or Vigor
- Wave 9 – Complete the wave using only Charge, Return to Sender, and Shotguns
- Wave 10 – Defeat the Patriot with a possessed enemy
- Wave 11- Defeat all enemies with Vigor traps
- Wave 12 – Defeat 5 enemies with a single Devil’s Kiss blast
- Wave 13 – Defeat the Handyman with a Tesla Coil
- Wave 14 – Complete the wave in under 1:30
- Wave 15 – Defeat an enemy affected by Bucking Bronco with a possessed Motorized Patriot
- Wave 1 – Defeat all enemies with the Sky-Hook melee
- Wave 2 – Defeat all enemies with the pistol
- Wave 3 – Defeat all enemies using only the Undertow Vigor
- Wave 4 – Defeat all enemies with Vigor traps
- Wave 5 – Defeat the Handyman before any other enemy
- Wave 6 – Defeat 5 enemies via friendly fire
- Wave 7 – Defeat the Volley Gunner and the Zealot before damaging any snipers
- Wave 8 – Defeat all enemies with turrets or environmental hazards
- Wave 9 – Defeat all enemies in 30 seconds using Vigors only.
- Wave 10 – Take no damage for 30 seconds.
- Wave 11 – Defeat all enemies with the Shotgun
- Wave 12 – Defeat the wave without picking up weapons or looting corpses
- Wave 13 – Defeat all enemies while they are distracted with a Booker decoy tear
- Wave 14 – Defeat each enemy with the same weapon-type it wields
- Wave 15 – Defeat each enemy with a different weapon
- Wave 1 – Defeat an enemy affected by Bucking Bronco with a possessed Motorized Patriot
- Wave 2 – Defeat two enemies who are riding Sky-Lines with traps
- Wave 3 – Defeat wave with hazards or support brought in through tears
- Wave 4 – Defeat the wave using a different weapon or Vigor on every enemy.
- Wave 5 – Defeat both Handymen while they are electrocuting a Sky-Line
- Wave 6 – Defeat all enemies using only the Shotgun
- Wave 7 – Defeat two enemies with the Fireman’s suicide attack.
- Wave 8 – Defeat the wave with in 1:20
- Wave 9 – Defeat the Siren before destroying the zeppelin
- Wave 10 – Defeat all enemies using only the sniper rifle
- Wave 11 – Defeat all enemies while they are distracted with a Booker decoy tear
- Wave 12 – Defeat all enemies with Bucking Bronco; followed by Charge
- Wave 13 – Defeat each enemy with the same weapon-type it wields.
- Wave 14 – Defeat the handyman with a Motorized Patriot tear
- Wave 15 – Knock 4 corpses off of Columbia before the Siren can resurrect them.
You can find the ‘Clash in the Clouds’ FAQ here.
Let us know if you have any other questions that you need answered.