DICE has launched the Battlefield 4 Community Test Environment where Premium members can opt-in to a public test to help shape the future of the game.
Here is what the developer had to say about the new Community Test Environment:
“The Community Test Environment (CTE) will provide passionate fans the chance to evolve Battlefield 4 with us and become a part of the development process. We’ll be able to test new ideas and solutions to current issues before we roll them out to all Battlefield players.”
“By launching this new program, not only will we be able to address player feedback at an early stage, but also increase the overall quality of the game. We are excited to explore the possibilities together with you.”
How to Access the CTE
This community program will be available on PC only. However, the goal is for our learnings to benefit all platforms when possible. To access the CTE, you will need to be a Battlefield 4 Premium member. Players will have to download a separate game client, then connect to an infrastructure and Battlelog version solely set up for testing purposes.
- Visit http://cte.battlelog.com/bf4/communitytest/
- Read and accept the Terms of Service and Agreement
- Log into Origin with your existing account username and password (your account must have Premium activated in order to proceed)
- Start Origin and download the new Battlefield 4 CTE game client that now should be visible
- Install the Battlelog browser plugin
- Get familiar with the guidelines by visiting the Forums onhttp://cte.battlelog.com/bf4/forum/
Will you be taking part in the testing?