Austin, TX – 5/17/2016 – Digerati is stoked, pumped and slightly afraid to announce the release of a new game on May 19th from rebel developers Code Avarice – ArkShot. In the wake of the success of their roguelike FPS Paranautical Activity the team have built something both lean and lithe that combines the fluidity and skill of an arena shooter with the lighthearted fun of a party game. It’s Quake meets Duck Game, Unreal Tournament crossed with Super Smash Bros.– you get the drift.
Armed with just a simple bow and arrow you can challenge up to 3 of your friends on 14 unique maps, with 5 distinct game modes to choose from. Grab powerups to gain a dominant advantage over the competition then manage your physical effort and stamina levels whilst striving to become the master of the skillful arc shot. Then stamp your personality onto the action by customizing your hooded character with unlockable fright masks, numerous bow variants and deeply sardonic taunts to create a foe your opponents will grow to loathe.
- Ballistically-modelled arrow physics that offer a unique challenge to the jaded palette of FPS gamers
- Wildly differing level structures that are anything but your typical maze of brown corridors
- A plethora of game-changing powerups, such as bouncing arrows, decoys, a reflective bubble shield, caffeinated coffee booster and pusher arrows
- Latent tactics and emergent strategies that reward inventive players
- A Stamina system where actions such as jumps, dashes and drawing back the bow all cost effort and require canny management
- Sky Arrows that rain down on campers, denying them the option to skulk like wimps in hidey-holes
- Hooded characters that have no feet and just float along, eerily
Take a look at the Arkshot launch trailer:
ArkShot will be launching via Steam and other digital distributors on May 19th priced at 7.99 USD / 5.59 GBP /7.99 EU (with a 10% launch discount).