First Official Release from the ARK Sponsored Mods Program Available Now as Free DLC on Steam; Next Coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One
Update: I’d like to thank Studio Wildcard for having me take a look at ARK: Survival Evolved at E3 2017! It was very great to hear that the game is finally coming out of early access and onto all platforms on August 8th. It was also really nice to see how much the developers care about their community, supporting and paying mods 4,000 a month just to mod for their game. The graphics looked incredible and the end game lore is definitely something to look forward to!
Seattle, WA – Developer Studio Wildcard announced at E3 2017 the first mod to be integrated into ARK: Survival Evolved as part of its ARK Sponsored Mods Program! Developed by the former creators of popular ARK mods Valhalla and Umassoura, David Miller, Matt Janz and Jackson Lawrence came together to work on their latest project, “Ragnarok” which is now available for Steam players as a free new map for the multi-million selling dinosaur survival-adventure title, ARK: Survival Evolved.
Being an “Official Mod” means not only will it be available for PC players, but it will also be released as free DLC to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One ARK players in early July.
“ARK is a more interesting and vibrant game because of the creative efforts of our modding community, and being able to transition the top-quality mods into the official game on PC and consoles is invaluable,” said Jeremy Stieglitz, Lead Designer, Co-Founder and Co-Creative Director of Studio Wildcard. “The sheer size of the enormous Ragnarok map, along with the variety of content coming from this talent group of guys is remarkable. We’re proud to support their development efforts with both funds & feedback, and the result is fantastic new gameplay that ARK players will get to enjoy on all platforms.”
At the Game Developers Conference 2017 Studio Wildcard launched the ARK Sponsored Mods program, to provide both financial support and development advice to select modders of ARK: Survival Evolved. The program’s goal is to give a boost to the ARK modding community by selecting 15 projects each month to receive $4,000 toward the modders’ ongoing development costs.
Steam players download “Ragnarok” now here! The new mod contains:
- A 144 sq kilometer map designed to be explored by land, sea or air
- Tons of harvest-able or gatherable resources
- Caves of all shapes and sizes, each designed to be built in
- Distinct variations on former ARK creatures, as well a special brand-new creature unique to Ragnarok
- Build tree platforms on unique trees/rocks
- Expansive biomes that were built to reward hardy explorers
- Some of the most challenging dungeons in ARK will await players
- An active volcano that while erupting yields a high amount of resources in the form of lava crystal
- Beautiful vistas and base locations as far as the eye can see
- Hot springs that while dormant yield a relaxing buff, but when active, become dangerous
- Ruins to not only explore but that can also be incorporated into base builds
- A vast ocean with its own ecosystem
- Upcoming future desert biome to find and tame creatures
- Upcoming Explorer Notes that hold the key to Ragnarok’s secrets and history
Take a Look at the New ARK: Survival Evolved Ragnarok E3 2017 Trailer:
As announced at E3, ARK: Survival Evolved is now available to pre-order! In North America there are three ways to get your dino-fix with ARK: Survival Evolved, all of which are now available to pre-order for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One platforms. For more information on the Explorer’s Edition and Limited Collector’s Edition please visit www.playark.com
ARK: Survival Evolved will launch worldwide in retail stores and on digital platforms on August 8, 2017 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Steam PC. ARK: Survival Evolved is rated “T” for Teen and is currently on Steam Early Access.