Based in Quebec City, Canada, developer Dragon Slumber has announced Arelite Core for Windows PC.
Arelite Core bridges the gap between traditional and modern JRPGs, bringing new concepts to tried and true designs and presented with high-definition retro inspired graphics. Follow the adventures of Karden, a blacksmith on the path to mastering his craft, forced to take a stand against Talameq, an ageless entity bent on devouring the world. Journey across the world and find allies in your fight against darkness while fending off Talameq’s disciples.
Arelite Core Features
- Live a cinematic story driven adventure
- Customise heroes with unique stances and techniques
- Battle over 80 fully animated monsters
- Forge unique master weapons and armor
- Immerse yourself with an amazing retro styled soundtrack
- Relive the glory days of JRPGs as you remember them
- Discover a plethora of secrets, collectables to gather, secret bosses to fight and find the famous developer room
- Play with a completely custom game engine, with advanced interactions and visual effects
Take a look at the new screenshots:
Here is the Arelite Core announcement trailer:
Arelite Core is slated for a Q3 2016 Windows PC release. A demo for the game will be made available on January 20th, 2016.
About Dragon Slumber
Dragon Slumber is a Canadian independent game studio composed of a single member, Kevin Giguère, who fills in most of the roles necessary for proper game creation, from writing and design, to programming, to production and marketing. Further work such as visuals and music composition is done contractually.