13 Brazilian games businesses to be featured on the official Brazilian industry booth
Sao Paulo, Monday August 7, 2017- For the first time ever, a delegation of thirteen Brazilian games companies will be participating exhibitors at Gamescom, one of the largest and most important videogames event in the world, supported by the Brazilian Game Developers Export Program, an initiative created by the Brazilian Game Developers Association (Abragames) and Apex-Brasil (the Brazilian Trade and Investment Promotion Agency). The Brazilian independent developers will bring their best creations to Europe, to showcase the best Brazil has to potential buyers, publishers and, of course, to the avid gamers attending the fair.
This is a direct result of the efforts employed at BIG Festival, already the largest indie games event in Latin America and the third largest in the world, organized by Abragames and BGD in Brazil yearly. Apart from the exhibition and the main competition, which this year received 617 submissions from 54 countries, BIG Festival has become the main business hub for independent developers in LATAM, featuring keynotes, lectures, and presentations from top players of the global industry. Brazilian professionals, and their games, have become for-export products.
Besides attending Gamescom to present the best Brazilian games to an international audience, the Brazilian delegation is also participating in Game Connection Europe, in France, and in XDS, the External Development Summit, in Canada, to network and find potential guests, speakers, keynotes and buyers to bring to BIG Festival 2018 next year. The Festival’s objective is to always have the best global professionals sharing experiences and knowledge with an engaged public.
Abragames’ executive manager Eliana Russi said:
“We’re very excited about taking the most creative and innovative games companies Brazil has to offer to Gamescom this year. Our collective represents an impressive game’s development pool of talent, which is already recognized internationally. We look forward to strengthen our partnerships and business relations with companies attending Gamescom.”
In fact, four companies of the Brazilian delegation will be exhibiting their games at the Indie Arena Booth 2017, hosted by the German community Indie Arena. Together with other 76 games, from 26 different countries, Cat Nigir’s NECROSPHERE, Hoplon’s HEAVY METAL MACHINES, Rockhead Games’ STARLIT ARCHERY CLUB, and Mad Mimic’s NO HEROES HERE will be featured on the 1.000 m² booth in Hall 10.1, from August 22nd to 26th. The Indie Arena Booth 2017 “is a platform for the developers as well as a showcase for the colorful and vivid game scene between Avantgarde and AAA”. More information can be found here http://www.indiearenabooth.de/about.html.
The Brazilian Game Developers Association (Abragames) booth can be found in Hall 3.2, Booth A-013G. A full list of businesses on the Brazilian Booth can be found below :
- Aquiris Game Studio – Known for the critically acclaimed racing game Horizon Chase and showcasing BALLISTIC OVERKILL, a fast-paced FPS for PC and Mac.
- Cat Nigiri – An independent game development studio focused on creating high-quality games with awesome mechanics such as metroidvania platformerNECROSPHERE and action puzzler KEEN
- Flux Game Studio – Presenting GUTS (Gory Ultimate Tournament Show), an ultra-violent Tarantino-style unique fighting game where players must dismember their opponents by chopping off arms and legs.
- GamePlan – GamePlan is a 360 consultancy with a unique market view: it’s a disruptive startup that helps games studios and industry related companies to achieve their business goals worldwide.
- Gazeus Games – Specialized in multiplatform casual and social card games and board games such as Canasta.
- Hermit Crab Game Studio – Hermit Crab is a game development studio for PCs and Mobile games.
- Hoplon – Showcasing Steam Free to Play online multiplayer vehicle battle game HEAVY METAL MACHINES.
- IMGNation Studios – Unveiling MONOWHEELS VR, a combat racing game for all VR platforms and COW MILKING SIMULATOR, a whimsical arcade game.
- Kokku – Known for its work on Horizon Zero Dawn, for Guerrilla Games, Kokku is an External Development company located in Brazil.
- Mad Mimic Interactive – Developer of NO HEROES HERE, a multiplayer platformer tower defense co-op game for the PS4 and PC scheduled for September 2017.
- Manifesto Game Studio – A casual game development studio founded in 2005 with a track record of developing, co-producing and operating games for Bandai Namco, DeNA, Gamblit and with Mightyplay for Disney, SeaWorld and Zynga.
- Oktagon Games – A mobile game startup, founded in 2008 by professionals with more than 10 years of industry experience.
- Rockhead Games – An independent developer with seven years of experience, working on their new project action puzzler STARLIT ARCHERY CLUB, based in their own IP, the award-winning STARLIT ADVENTURES.