Developer Batterstaple Games has announced that the spiritual successor to Mega Man, 20XX will launch its Beta on September 15.
20XX is a co-op-friendly roguelike that plays like Mega Man X. Explore procedurally generated levels, collect new weapons and abilities, purchase upgrades, and battle mighty bosses in the name of saving the human race maybe.
20XX has gone from a successful Kickstarter to Early Access on Steam. Since then the developer has worked non-stop pushing big updates, staying in close communication with their backers and fans and working hard to make it a fantastic game.
- Gameplay inspired by the Mega Man X series
- Beautifully hand drawn 2D graphics
- Prodecurally generated levels with roguelike mechanics
- 2 player co-op gaming in addition to single player
- Over 100 collectible weapons, items, and power ups
Here are the new screenshots:
Take a look at the 20XX Tiny WIP Flamelab Art Update video:
20XX is currently on Early Access on Steam.
Source: Press Release