Stockholm – March 28, 2016 – Today, developer Modesty has released 1993 Space Machine for PC and Mac via Steam. A game that was made in 1993, but never released. Now, with a new game engine, the original game is released – only some 23 years later.
“This is a very exciting day in my life. Finally, the game that was developed in my childhood room back in 1993 is ready, even though it took 23 years to finish it.” Says Krister Karlsson, Game Designer. “When this is released I might just have to look for other unfinished projects – like cleaning the basement.”
1993 is 23 years old, even though it is brand new. It was developed in 1993 and was almost ready for release when it was abandoned due to difficulties within the team. With all graphics, gameplay, music, and sound effects already made, it was a big waste of time and teenage dreams not to be released. As the Amiga apparently isn’t that popular any more, 1993 needed a new game engine to run on more popular systems. That is also the one and only change from the original game, that the cover and the title.
1993 Space Machine features:
- Your’re in charge! Explore and secure the different worlds in the order that fits your taste and urge
- The kick ass weapon system lets you unlock weapons for use in later play sessions. We feature both classic powerful weapons plus some fresh smart weapons.
- Of almost 100 deadly enemy types, we have crafted unique evil behaviours for most of them
- As an extra game mechanic we have introduced a new health and shield system for more interesting game play.
- Up to four player co-op mode
Here is the official 1993 Space Machine Trailer:
1993 Space Machine is now available for PC and Mac on Steam.